Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!


What can you expect to see here on my blog? 

I am a passionate textile designer. Expect a lot of my own designs and creations including my own motivations and thoughts on my blog. I will post and explore processes of inspiration and creation, often through personal photography of foliage, blooms and the ocean and its wonders.








Who am I?

In June 2017 I completed my Art Foundation course at Plymouth College of Art. In September 2017 and with much excitement, I will be study Textile Design BA (Hons) at Falmouth University.

In my spare time I love to explore around my home county, Cornwall, and gather photographs to assist in informing my work and for genuine pleasure and enjoyment (sometimes accompanied with a huge pasty!). Spending a lot of my time on or within the water either Gig rowing or Surfing, has had a huge impact on me both as a person and as a designer. Racing in the Pilot Gig World Championships several times was certainly an experience I will never forget! 

Being someone who is proud of where they live certainly reflects in my work. With the bright hues of the sea and the blazing gorse that brightens the edges of Cornwall there would appear to be endless inspiration.


So why textiles?

For years I was confused as to what I wanted to do in the future, as I'm sure some of you may well understand, but after studying a variety of subjects I realised my heart has always been in Art. Throughout A levels I was determined Fine Art was the course for me but was still uncertain and not yet ready for university I decided to begin a foundation course to not only find myself but my true area in art.

The foundation year made me realise my love for colour, that although I have always have had, never realised it. Furthermore, realising what Fine Art was truly about it didn't seem to fit right with what I wanted to create and explore. I was consistently drawn back to fabrics, patterns and colour. This made me realise where I've stood all along, TEXTILE design.

If any of you are unsure which pathway you wish to follow in art, I would highly recommend doing a Foundation Diploma. Through this, I not only found my passion, but have produced work I never dreamed or imagined I could ever do! It has pushed me to places that I have always aspired to go and has given me faith and belief in my own practice.

Enjoy reading my blog!

Comments

Popular Posts